BLOG INVITES FUTURE AND PRACTISING ARCHITECTS, SCHOOLS, INTERESTED PEOPLE TO FREELY EXCHANGE THEIR THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, IDEAS AND INVITATIONS TO COFEE. IT IS AN EXTENSION OF THE COMPETITIONS WEBSITE AND OFFERS A PEEK BEHIND THE CURTAINS.

Post By Špela Tušar
on 25. Mar 2013

Voting procedure 2013

The 2013 competition is now closed and the winners announced. MANUS LEUNG from Australia and KACPER KRYWULT  from Poland, with their project SHIFT won with slight difference from the second-place Jorge Lopez Sacristan, Christina Codjambopoulo, Beatriz Gomez Martin, Sara Rebollo from Germany, with their project JCSB0. Here is how the winners were selected.

The selection procedure

The international expert jury was composed of 10 members.

The jury evaluation consisted of preliminary individual member’s evaluation and of the one days jury session in Ljubljana when jury evaluated the selected projects and unanimously determine the final shortlist, and finally, the best (winning) project.

After the jury finished the work each website visitor was able to vote once for one of the three best shortlisted solutions.

The total votes cast by both the international jury and the popular public decided the winner, together with the other two highest-ranked solutions. The international jury accounted for an 80 percent weighting of the vote, and voting website visitors for the remaining 20 percent. During the entire voting procedure, the individual project code was the only element identifying the projects. However, due to leak for information on the web, organiser decided to reveal the 'identity of projects.'

The jury session

The two-day jury session took place on March 2nd 2013 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

To make the jury’s work run as smoothly as possible, the first part of the evaluation – preliminary round took place before the meeting in Slovenia.

In this preliminary round each jury member evaluated 220 submitted anonymous projects and created an individual preliminary shortlist. Individual jury members submitted their shortlists to Trimo Urban Crash Team. 133 projects included in these individual shortlists represented first jury evaluation results, published on March 1st 2011 at www.trimo-urbancrash.com. All the listed projects received at least 1 vote from ten members jury.

During a joint jury session in Slovenia, all the projects receiving more than two jury votes in the first round were selected. 80 projects qualified for next round.

In the final round the jury selected 3 finalists from shortlisted projects. 1st place was awarded 10 points, 2nd place was awarded 9 points and the 3rd place was awarded 8 points. The jury then awarded the remaining 27 projects with 7 points each. With this distribution, the public still has the possibility to directly impact the final result.

 

 

Public vote

Shortlisted projects for realization proceeded to public vote. Public vote took place between 8th and 23rd of March on the competition website. Only the registered users had possibility to vote. Each registered user could vote once and award 3 different projects with her or his vote. The winner of public vote received 2,5 points. Points for each following place were calculated as a quotient between number of votes the respective project received and a number of votes received by winning project.

Final results

Finally the points from jury vote and public vote were added together in final result:

1

SHIFT

9,27

2

JCSB0

8,62

3

CG2BP

8,00

4

T2MMS

7,93

5

4GOOD

7,50

6

14034

7,48

7

LJUbo

7,20

8

Trace

6,95

9

12504

6,95

10

00001

6,69

See the detailed final results HERE.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Congratulations to the winners and all the shortlisted participants!